Travis and I were eager to try the bonus recipe from his French Cafe Raddish Kids, but the recipe relies heavily on 3 egg yolks. We set out to veganize it, using two different “yolk” methods, and were thrilled with the results.
- 2 tablespoons Ener-G egg replacer
- 3 tablespoons warm water, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 raspberries
- In a large bowl, mix the Ener-G powder with 2 tablespoons water for two “yolks”. Make a flax egg yolk in a second bowl with the flaxseed and 1 tablespoon water. Combine these three “yolks”, and whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Add the butter, vanilla, flours, salt, and baking powder.
- Grease 8 muffin cups, and add about 2 tablespoons batter to each cup. Top each with 1 raspberry.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes, until browned at the edges.
We were so pleased with how these came out! They have a subtle almond flavor and great texture. An elegant little bite.