We’re on a Thai-food kick thanks to a fantastic crate from Raddish Kids. Travis was eager to put together this bonus recipe; he’s loving common flavors of Thai cuisine now, like soy sauce, lime juice, and cilantro.
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (1-pound) package firm tofu
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble the tofu into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook an additional 3 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the cilantro.
- Place the lettuce leaves on plates, and fill each with about 2 tablespoons tofu mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the shredded carrots.