This bonus recipe from the Garden Party Raddish kit was a great chance to let vegetables shine. There’s almost nothing here except fresh veggies and Travis loved seeing the different ways that each one was chopped and prepared, how they smelled and tasted plain, and then how it all mixed together into one great whole! He got a kick out of swearing sunglasses while we chopped the onion, to keep his eyes from watering!
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel the cucumber and cut into rounds; finely chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut the tomato into slices and then finely chop; add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips!