This is a fantastic after-school kitchen project for kids, not nearly as time consuming as making a full dinner, but just enough to get them cooking. Plus the apples and cinnamon will make your whole kitchen smell like autumn.
- 2 apples (try gala or golden delicious)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Use the large slicing hole of a box grater to slice the apples (or, alternatively, cut into thin slices with a knife).
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the apples and toss to coat.
- Arrange the apples in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with greased foil.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, rotating the pan from the bottom rack to the top rack half way through.