It was a lazy football Sunday for us today, and that meant whipping up a batch of game day guac! Kids will love scooping avocado flesh from the peels and mashing everything up!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Cut the avocados in half and pit. Spoon the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Core and chop the tomato; add to the bowl along with the cilantro.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze over the avocado mixture, stirring to combine
Serve with tortilla chips of course.
While shopping for ingredients, we also took the opportunity to hunt for iconic fall harvest foods.
Travis helped spot pumpkins, pears, apples, and more.
It can also be interesting to point out items that aren’t in season, a quick lesson for kids on modern grocery stores versus traditional seasonal foods.