These adorable cinnamon-sugar donuts are the perfect baking project for a fall afternoon!
For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flaxseed in the water to make 1 flax egg. Add the soy milk, canola oil, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. You’ll notice that Travis was eager to lick the spatula, the best part!
- Divide the batter evenly among 24 greased mini muffin cups, filling about half full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes; a wooden pick inserted in the centers should come out clean. Transfer to wax paper.
- To prepare the topping, microwave the butter until melted. Stir together the remaining 6 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl.
- Working with 1 donut at a time, dip in the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Return to the wax paper.
The perfect afternoon snack!