Peas are packed with protein, and they make a vibrant and verdant alternative to beans in a vegan taco!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1 diced orange bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 hard taco shells
- 1 tablespoon vegan Parmesan shreds
- Peel and pit the avocado, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the salt and the juice from the lime; mash until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peas, bell pepper, and cilantro; set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm the taco shells according to package directions. Spread each shell with a little of the avocado mixture, and fill with the pea mixture.
- Add a sprinkle of vegan Parmesan on top, if desired!