These decadent confections get their sweetness from dates, nature’s candy. They were a fun addendum to recent Moroccan recipes that Travis prepared from Raddish Kids. For an added element, we listened to Moroccan tunes as we worked.
- 3/4 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- 9 pitted dates
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Place the pistachios in a blender and process until finely ground. Add the dates, cinnamon, and agave; process until combined.
- Using your hands, roll into balls. You’ll have enough for about 16 truffles.
- Combine the cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Roll each date ball in the cocoa mixture, then transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining balls.