We kicked off Travis’s Edible Elements kit from Raddish Kids with this recipe relying on… air. Ingredients that harness air include, yeast, baking soda, and baking powder, among others. Although we couldn’t make the original recipe (relying on eggs), Raddish always thoughtfully provides a delicious vegan alternative.
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Earth Balance butter
- Maple syrup
- Peel and slice the peaches, and set aside. The recipe card featured a helpful how-to on cutting stone fruit, and Travis enjoyed the challenge of peeling the peach!
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until smooth.
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup batter per pancake, and cook for 3 minutes, or until bubbles cover the tops. Add a few peach slices to each pancake, then flip and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with the butter and maple syrup to taste!