Travis cracked open his Lunchtime Love kit from Raddish Kids today, just in time for the era of school lunches that’s about to dawn once more. The keepsake this month was his very own set of travel utensils, which he loved.
For our first lunch, we put together this vegan spin on a chicken salad wrap recipe.
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan, divided
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Annie’s Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- To prepare the chickpeas, place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork. Add the panko, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil, then stir in the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add the romaine to the chickpea mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with tongs to coat.
- Spoon 1 cup salad into each of 6 warmed tortillas. Wrap up burrito style and serve!
For a little history lesson with that “school” lunch, we read up about the Caesar whom the salad was named for on the recipe card: Caesar the restaurateur, that is, not the emperor!