No Harvest-themed crate could be complete without fall’s signature flavor: pumpkin! Bonus points if you puree your own fresh sugar pie pumpkin for this recipe, but we skipped that step and just used canned.
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Scant 1 and 1/4 cups plain soy milk
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup melted Earth Balance butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.
- Pour the cider vinegar into a liquid measuring cup and add the soy milk to equal 1 and 1/4 cups. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the soy milk mixture with the Ener-G eggs, pumpkin, melted butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop the batter into a preheated waffle iron (about 1/4 cup per waffle) and cook for about 5 minutes, or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Drizzle with maple syrup to taste!