With Thanksgiving on the horizon, Travis is learning about the Native Americans and traditional foods eaten at the first Thanksgiving meal. This stew is a nice way to honor the “three sisters” trio of corn, squash, and beans.
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) drained can black beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, cumin, and salt; cook for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, squash, corn, and black beans. Bring to a simmer, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for a final 15 minutes.