The ever-expanding non-dairy cheese aisle is truly exceptional these days. To wit, we followed along with suggestions for cheese and snack pairings in Veronika’s latest issue of High Five, and managed to make them all vegan! These were fun to make as little “recipes”, too, since even the youngest kids can help out arranging slices of cheese and fruit on a plate for a mid-day snack.
The kids tested out the following:
- Colby jack (Violife) with red grapes and celery
- Cheddar (Daiya) with apple slices and Tofurky
- Soft cheese (Treeline) with red bell pepper and peaches
- Gouda (Daiya) with pears and kiwi slices
- Mozzarella (Miyoko’s Creamery) with Spanish olives
- Feta (Follow Your Heart) with cucumber
The winner? Hands-down it was the apple and cheddar. Meanwhile, olives and mozzarella got a big thumbs down. Do your kids have a favorite non-dairy cheese? Please share in the comments!