Any meal where you can eat the bowl is exciting for kids. These hearty stuffed bell peppers ensure that the “bowl” will be healthy, too, down to the last bite!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 and 1/4 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded non-dairy cheese
- To start, combine the rice, water, carrots, lentil, bouillon, curry powder, and olive oil in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spoon 1/3 cup sauce into the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Remove the stems, seeds, and membranes from the bell peppers and place in the sauce. Divide the lentil mixture evenly among the bell peppers, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese cheese before pouring the remaining sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.