Instead of more traditional gingerbread cookies, we made ginger cake this year. This cake will make your whole house smell like Christmas as it bakes!
- 1 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups blackstrap molasses
- 2 vegan eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, molasses, and vegan eggs of your choice; set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Add the boiling water and whisk until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes; a wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes on a wire rack, then serve warm or cool completely.
- We love this dolloped with non-dairy whipped cream for serving! And yes we’re going to leave one piece out for Santa!