If your kiddos don’t like quinoa, any grain would work in this good-for-you dinner bowl – simply try rice, millet, pearled barley etc. instead. With very little heat involved, it makes a perfect summer entree!
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 5 ounces shredded Daiya cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the red onion and lime juice in a small bowl; set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheddar, cilantro, and olive oil. Toss in the quinoa, along with the red onion mixture and the salt.