We adapted these delightful cookies from Superkind bakery in Los Angeles, thanks to a recipe in Country Living. They’re perfect with a cup of tea on a rainy fall afternoon!
- 3 and 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup sugar; beat at high speed for about 2 minutes, until creamy.
- Add the Ener-G eggs and vanilla, beating until combined. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on baking sheets 2 inches apart and bake at 350 degrees F for 11 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.