If you haven’t found a way to get your kiddos to eat eggplant, try this recipe, which mimics mozzarella sticks.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Peel the eggplant and cut into strips, about 1/2 inch wide by 2 inches long. Set aside.
- Arrange 3 bowls on the counter: one with the flour, one with the Ener-G eggs, and one with a mix of the breadcrumbs and “nooch”.
- Working with one eggplant piece at a time, dip in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture, and place on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Repeat with the remaining eggplant. Place the wire rack directly over a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve with lots of pizza sauce for dipping!