It was a lazy summer Friday, and what better way to start than French toast in bed? (!) The secret ingredient in this version? Bananas! If you want the batter a little thicker, just go bananas – use 3 instead of 2! For the milk, any non-dairy milk will do. We like vanilla almond milk.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bread slices (any kind)
- Earth Balance butter
- Maple syrup
- In a blender, combine the bananas, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the banana mixture to shallow plate. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat – I use about 1 tablespoon for every 2 slices of French toast. Repeat as needed until you’ve prepped all your slices.
- Dip the bread slices into the batter and transfer to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.