Travis came home from school on Friday not only so proud to report that his class was reading Nate the Great, but also that he had a pancake recipe from the book for us to try over the weekend! We adapted the book’s recipe slightly for our vegan household. Brother and sister both loved mixing this up!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1/4 cup melted Earth Balance butter
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder, stirring gently to combine.
- Add the Ener-G eggs, butter, and almond milk, stirring just until combined. Lumps are okay!
- Heat a griddle coated with additional Earth Balance and add aout 1/3 cup batter per pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with maple syrup, and then you’ll be ready to tackle any mysteries in the day ahead!