Our original plan was to bake a chocolate mochi treat, using a recipe from Veronika’s latest High Five magazine, but we couldn’t find sweet rice flour at the store. In a pinch, we tried coconut flour and up with this delicious chocolatey treat!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 vegan eggs
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla, and vegan eggs of choice, stirring to combine; the batter will be thick.
- Pour into an 11×7-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut into squares to serve.
We left our treat plain, but a dusting of powdered sugar would be pretty on top!