A pink-hued frozen treat that’s just right for Valentine’s Day, the base of this “bark” is made with non-dairy yogurt. For an even healthier twist, use plain unsweetened yogurt (such as Nancy’s) and then stir in pureed fresh raspberries for the pink coloring. However, I took a shortcut and used the soy raspberry yogurt from Stonyfield Farm. There are lots of steps that kids will love helping with – crushing the strawberries and sprinkling on the toppings, especially!
- 1 and 1/2 cups non-dairy raspberry yogurt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt and agave. Spread the mixture into a thin rectangle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the strawberries in a zip-top bag and seal; pound with a mallet until crushed.
- Sprinkle the strawberries evenly over the yogurt, along with the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for 3 hours.
- Break the bark into about pieces, and then quickly transfer to a zip-top plastic bag. Store in the freezer until ready to share with your Valentine.
A super sweet recipe idea from Parents magazine!