Finally a homemade recipe that captures the texture and flavor of Daiya’s prepared mac and cheese mix, but with ingredients I feel good about! As much as I love Daiya, my son sometimes finds it too sticky or cloying; he gobbled up every bite of this version. Sprinkle with smoked paprika before serving for kids who like a little extra flavor.
- 1 and 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 and 1/4 cups hemp milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add the cheesy sauce to the cooked pasta, and cook over low heat a few minutes to warm through.
One thought on “Easy Macaroni and Cheese”