Bumper crop of summer squash? Look no further than this easy recipe. My toddler loves it plain, or served atop orzo pasta with a bit of tomato sauce stirred in.
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and yellow squash, and add to the pan; cook for 5 minutes, until the squash is very soft.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast and cook for a final minute.
Older kids might like a bit of hot sauce for zip!