Get in the 4th of July spirit with this star-spangled dessert! If you want to go for something a little more gourmet, try pureeing the blueberries with a bit of water, cornstarch and extra sugar for a syrup on top instead, but we just liked our sundaes with fresh red and blue fruit!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Non-Dairy vanilla ice cream
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter or glass to cut 3 circles from each tortilla. Brush the tortilla rounds evenly with the oil and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Press the tortilla circles into six cups of a muffin tin, and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- To assemble each sundae, scoop non-dairy vanilla ice cream of your choice into each tortilla cup. Top liberally with strawberries and blueberries!
One thought on “Red, White, and Blueberry Sundae Cups”