My favorite way to bring the colors of the American flag into our home on Independence Day is by concocting something in the kitchen! If savory nachos aren’t your freedom fare of choice, try flags for breakfast or a sweet flag-colored sundae instead. However you celebrate today, Happy 4th of July!
- 6 ounces blue tortilla chips
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Daiya mozzarella
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- Black beans
- Let your little chef spread the tortilla chips in an even layer on the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking sheet.
- Spoon the salsa evenly over the chips. (Note: rotating the baking sheet was very helpful so Travis could reach the chips evenly).
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Adults: Broil the nachos for 3 minutes.
We added extra toppings of chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, and black beans to turn the nachos into a full meal, but you can stick with the trio of read white and blue ingredients if you prefer!