The cheesy flavor in this quick main dish meal comes from a mix of nutritional yeast and vegan Parmesan sprinkles.
- 1 (12-ounce) box whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 Tofurky Italian sausages
- 1 bunch chard
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan sprinkles
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop the sausage and cook in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until browned. Add the finely chopped stems from the chard; cook for 4 minutes. If you use rainbow chard, this step will look beautiful!
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add the reserved water to the sausage mixture, along with the pasta and the finely chopped leaves of the chard. Cook about 1 minute, until the leaves wilt.
- Stir in the Parmesan, nutritional yeast, and breadcrumbs, tossing to combine.