If this cocoa-infused bowl of oatmeal doesn’t get kids to eat their hot cereal, nothing will! It’s the perfect decadent bowlful on a snowy morning.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vanilla nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine the oats, salt, water, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and maple syrup. If the oatmeal is too thick, add a little more milk or water to taste.
- Top each serving with shredded coconut (I use about 1 teaspoon per serving) and sprinkle with vegan chocolate chips for an extra decadent treat!