Whip up a batch of these molasses-infused muffins for breakfast or snack time.
- 2 and 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, baking powder, and baking soda; stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses and applesauce, then add the milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and then fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 23 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
We like them best warm with a little pat of Earth Balance butter!