This recipe introduces curry flavor in a mild way for children who are new to spicy food – it’s the first time I’ve gotten Travis to eat curry, anyway, and he didn’t stop until the bowl was empty!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cooked wild rice
- Wrap the potato in foil and bake at 425 degrees F for 1 hour, until very soft; let cool, then peel of the skin. Discard the skin and transfer the flesh to a blender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion, garlic, water, and curry powder in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture and coconut milk to the blender and process until smooth. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring in the cooked wild rice at the end.
- Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon before serving, if desired!