A mix of non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast and miso makes a wonderfully cheesy sauce to go over these individual pita pizzas. Try the cheese sauce anywhere else you’d like too – it’s killer over french fries!
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow miso
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce over each pita; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, nutritional yeast, flour, lemon juice, and miso. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until bubbly, stirring frequently.
- Divide the cheesy sauce evenly over the pizzas. Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes, then let cool slightly before slicing and eating.