We love this adorable breakfast idea from Barefoot Books‘ Kids’ Kitchen set.
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain coconut yogurt
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- Raisins for decoration
- Use animal-shaped cookie cutters to cut fun (friendly!) animals out of the bread slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Ener-G eggs, yogurt, agave, and cinnamon. Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture one a time, coating both sides.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet, and add two of the bread slices. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread slices.
- Don’t forget to add raisin eyes and decorations before eating! Yum – which friends will you invite to breakfast?