Wait, I can get my toddler to eat veggies and beans and quinoa in one sneaky vegan recipe? Yes please! Serve these plain for toddlers, or use to make meatball sub sandwiches for older kids.
- 1 (15-ounce) drained can kidney beans
- 1 minced small onion
- 1 minced medium zucchini
- 1 peeled and minced carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Place the kidney beans in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the breadcrumbs, stirring until combined.
- Using your hands, divide the mixture into about 20 balls, and roll in the breadcrumbs before arranging on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes to cool before serving.