Credit for this fun recipe goes to Family Fun magazine. I recommend purchasing a whole watermelon since you will need to cube and freeze 2 cups worth for the recipe – that way your child will have a visual of the green rind, black seeds, and pink flesh.
- 2 kiwi fruit, cubed and frozen
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla coconut milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar, divided
- 2 cups frozen cubed watermelon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Mini non-dairy chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
- In a blender, combine the kiwi, banana, spinach, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 tablespoon agave; process until smooth and green – the more spinach you use, the greener it will be! Pour into the bottom of smoothie glasses.
- Rinse out the blender and add the watermelon, strawberries, remaining 1 and 1/2 cups milk, and remaining tablespoon agave. Process until smooth.
- Spoon the watermelon layer over the green layer – ideally the two won’t mix, but we still got a layered, slightly mixed-up effect.
- Top with chocolate chips for the seeds!