We adapted this recipe from a Family Fun version with shrimp as the protein – an easy vegan swap!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 lime
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Non-dairy sour cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, cumin, and chili powder; saute for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and saute for an additional 6 minutes, until the peppers are soft; transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the pan. Add the tofu and juice from half a lime. Cook for a final 6 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions, and top each with about 1/2 cup tofu mixture. Slice the avocado and divide the slices evenly among the servings. Top with non-dairy sour cream if desired!
5 thoughts on “Tofu and Bell Pepper Fajitas”
These look AWESOME! I’m a huge, huge fan of pepper tacos/burritos/anything.
This is such a great vegetarian meal! Sounds delicious. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
You’re very welcome, I love sharing the food that makes my family happy 🙂 Hope you enjoy this one