It’s hard to believe it, but already cool fall mornings are upon us, a little nip to the air as we’ve been rising! Make breakfast extra-special with this simple twist on French toast, and you’ll send the littles off to school with an extra spring in their step.
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Peanut Butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a blender, combine the banana, cashew milk, and cinnamon; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While it melts, prepare two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to taste – we like ours with strawberry jam best!
- Dip the sandwiches in the banana mixture, then add to the hot skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until the bread is golden.
- Cut the sandwiches in half, and drizzle each half with 1 tablespoon warm maple syrup to serve.