Similar to overnight oatmeal, here’s a recipe you can prepare the night before and it’s ready and waiting in your fridge when everyone is still sleepy and groggy the next morning. I like to top the oatmeal with roasted pears (pop them in the oven at the same time that the oatmeal bakes), but any roasted fruit would be delicious. You can also add a drizzle of maple syrup at serving time!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 Ener-G egg
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, Ener-G egg, banana, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.