These easy pitas look like individual pizzas, and kids can top ’em with just about any veggies they like. Many brands of pesto contain cheese, but look for the vegan pesto from Meditalia.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas
- Assorted veggies
- In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese and pesto until well combined.
- Spread about 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture on the top of each pita.
- Top with veggies to taste: we used corn, steamed broccoli florets, and finely chopped bell pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.