This was such a novel way to cook spaghetti, and it was so easy and satisfying that it’s definitely now a part of my repertoire. You can vary the taste of the dish based on which Field Roast sausage you choose. For a mild taste that my preschooler likes, I recommend their smoked apple sage. Older kids and adults would love the zip of the Italian variety.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Field Roast sausages, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8 oz spaghetti, broken into pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the broth, water, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti pieces, and return to a boil. Continue to boil for 15 minutes, until the spaghetti is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.