Take advantage of fresh summer berries for these muffins! In a pinch, use frozen and you can bake them all year.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Add the flaxseed, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, yogurt, and almond milk to the applesauce mixture.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the raspberries and strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 27 minutes; a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean.