A small shell pasta (such as orecchiette) topped with creamy vegan ricotta and marinara sauce makes a toddler-friendly alternative to large stuffed shell pasta.
For the ricotta:
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the remaining ingredients:
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup vegan Parmesan shreds
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (25-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- To prepare the ricotta, combine the tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic powder in a blender; process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the pasta, cook the orecchiette according to package directions. Drain and transfer to the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside
- Meanwhile, steam the spinach for about 2 minutes, until wilted, then drain and chop.
- In a bowl, stir together the spinach, prepared ricotta, vegan Parmesan, and nutmeg. Spoon the ricotta mixture over the pasta, then top evenly with the marinara sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Serve with a green salad to complete the meal!