Featuring three of Travis’s favorite foods – vegan chick’n strips, hummus, and tortillas – this recipe was a no-brainer for his first wrap sandwich. Add whatever veggies your tot prefers in place of the squash and bell pepper to customize. Bigger kids can easily take this wrap in their lunchbox to school.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package Gardein chick’n strips
- 1 cup sliced summer squash
- 1 cup chopped roasted bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Transfer to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, until the chick’n is browned and the squash is tender.
- Spread 1 tablespoon hummus on each of the tortillas. Divide the chick’n and veggies evenly among the sandwiches and roll up to serve. Cut in half, or into bite-sized pieces for younger toddlers