We read a bedtime story featuring cheesecake this week… How could I not whip up a version for my son to try at home?
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (8-ounce) tub vegan cream cheese
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chocolate crust (such as Mi-Del)
- Combine the pumpkin and cream cheese in a blender and process until smooth – it helps to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes, first.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and cornstarch; blend again until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust, and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, then transfer to the fridge and chill at least 10 hours.
- You can add vegan whipped cream at serving time, if desired! Divide the cheesecake into 8 or 9 wedges and serve at storytime of course.