We pretty much never tire of banana + chocolate + nuts around here. If you prefer your chunky monkey in liquid form, head on over to my smoothie recipe. These cookies will satisfy anyone looking for something a bit more toothsome.
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 Ener-G egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a blender or food processor, combine the dates and water and process until very smooth, to make a date paste. You should have about 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- Combine the oats, salt, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, mashed banana, and date mixture until smooth. Stir in the Ener-G egg and vanilla.
- Add the oat mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Let the mixture chill for about 10 minutes while you preheat the oven.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the dough by generous portions onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 to 16 minutes, until set.
If, like me, you’re a little tired when you make these cookies and end up doubling the amount of chocolate chips by accident, so much the better!