This microwavable oatmeal-in-a-mug is as easy as those instant oatmeal packets, but since it’s homemade, you’ll have the added benefit of fresher taste and no added sugar.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Diced apple
- Combine all of the ingredients except the diced apple in a microwave safe mug. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir and top with the diced apple to serve.
One mug generously serves two hungry little ones, or one busy adult!