This recipe features the same tahini sauce that I used a while back in a rice and lentil bowl. Make a big batch of the sauce now, and reserve the rest for a lentil bowl supper tomorrow night!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooked red lentils
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- In a food processor, combine the tahini, garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Transfer 1/2 cup of the tahini mixture to a blender; reserve the remaining tahini sauce for another use.
- Add the red lentils, rice, and remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice to the blender with the tahini mixture, and process until smooth.
Try serving this with crackers or veggies – we particularly like this one with bell pepper strips! It also makes a great sandwich spread.
Note: Looking for another way to use up that leftover tahini sauce? Try this easy lunch idea: Spread a little sauce on a whole wheat tortilla. Place a little bit of cooked rice and cooked red lentils in the center of the tortilla, then top with mixed greens to taste. Roll up to serve.