You can’t go wrong with kids and open-faced sandwiches. For my preschooler, I like to use the sliced sourdough bread from Rudi’s Bakery, since he doesn’t like bread too crunchy. Older kids and adults would love these sandwiches on a fresh loaf of sourdough from your local bakery!
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 Lightlife bacon slices, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya cheddar
- 4 Granny Smith apple slices
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Top evenly with the bacon slices, cheddar, and apple slices.
- Broil for 2 minutes, just until the cheese melts.
I like to serve these with fries (I love the frozen line from Veggie Fries) and roasted Brussels sprouts tossed with a little olive oil, salt, and black pepper. You know you have a hit when your preschooler cleans his plate!