I love getting my son in the kitchen with the kid-friendly recipes from High Five magazine, and this month’s recipe was particularly ingenious. Lasagna made with ravioli instead??? This is a hack grown-ups are going to want to steal as well! Vary the amounts or types of veggies below, to suit your family’s taste.
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) package ravioli (such as Soy Boy), thawed
- 1 cup shredded Daiya mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Have your child spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the ravioli.
- Sprinkle with half of the veggies and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers (sauce, ravioli, veggies), ending with a final layer of cheese. Sprinkle with the herbs.
- Adults, cover the dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake a final 5 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.