Here’s the vegan answer to the age-old Thanksgiving query: What to do with all those leftovers! If there are any extra vegan holiday roasts or Tofurky lurking in your fridge, this soup is for you. I like to prepare Gardein’s turkey cutlets ahead of time, then rub off the breading and chop before adding to the pot.
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups diced red potato
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups cooked meatless turkey
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine the broth, celery, potato, garlic powder, and thyme in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the turkey, corn, beans, and lemon juice. Cook for a final 5 minutes.