Just in time for the end of Hanukkah, we whipped up this dessert spin on traditional potato latkes!
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Peel and shred the apples; press with paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
- Combine the shredded apple in a bowl with the vanilla, flour, sugar, Ener-G eggs, and cinnamon.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the batter by heaping tablespoonfuls. Cook for about 5 minutes, until golden on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer the latkes to paper towels, and repeat with the remaining oil and remaining batter.